My First Developers Meeting as a Speaker :

Since I start my last project (Distributed AI in IoT Devices), I have to admit that I learn a lot of new things in very different fields : Artificial Intelligence, Mathematic Modelling, Project Architecture, Craftsmanship, IoT, ... This project also gives me the opportunity to experiment a lot : new language, new tools, new methods.

With that kind of experience, I soon got in touch with an association of developers : Microsoft User Group of Lyon (MUG Lyon). Thus, they submitted me to a new challenge : present my project as feedback of my experiences in front of other developers. After some thoughts, I decided to meet this challenge and to deliver my project through a very specific approach : “Are Craftsmanship Good Practices Achievable in an AI and IoT Project ?”.

Why did I say yes ?

This was a great opportunity for me to conciliate the two things I love the most in my work : Artificial Intelligence and Craftsmanship best practices.

When I start my double degree in AI, a lot of people told me that engineering and scientific are two very separate fields that are not mixable. I believe they are wrong since I did it in my current project. Indeed I currently use all of my skills (from all of my oldest experiences) to achieve this project. And I am very proud of that.

There is no reason to reject good practices just because a project involve complex mathematic calculations. Also, It allows the code to be more easily accessible from any developers : no need to be an expert in mathematics.

Last but not least, this was a great opportunity to improve my social skills and my communication capacities. I worked hard on this presentation to present this project as simply as possible, and to produce an accessible speech for anyone. Those kinds of skills are very useful to develop, and I am happy to have tested them on a real professional context.

IMG_1326

Thanks the MUG for this great opportunity !

The meetup event :
https://www.meetup.com/fr-FR/MUGLyon/events/250854003/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Improve the Configuration of Docker Compose with Environment Variables

I recently started working on a new python project (yeah!). This project is really interesting, but the first lines of code are at least a d...